BTDC’s main objectives are
• To identify the problems of tourism development through workshops, seminars and survey works.
• To draw their attention of local government and local community towards the possible side- effects of tourism industry in order to minimize its adverse effects.
• To enhance public awareness for the importance of conservation of cultural, religious and architectural resources.
• To assist for the conservation and development of historical & cultural sites and to preserve the traditional skills and technologies.
• To work in close relationship with the like-minded national & international organizations.
• To organize various trainings for women, youths and community to enhance their capacity.
· To develop and promote rural tourism, ecotourism, agri-tourism and cultural tourism activities with community participation and to cultural tourism in Bhaktapur.
• To work actively for the sustainability of the overall tourism development.
· To enhance capacity of women community to mainstream them in tourism activities.
· To contribute to the local Economic Development through promotion sustainable tourism activities.
· To bring local community to the tourism mainstream with proper intervention program.
BTDC strives towards healthy and sustainable tourism development and its activities are associated to the four main working areas: